Custom Garage Renovations Your garage your way!
We can build custom to your plans, or we can discuss the options involving a pre fabricated kit. We can include everything you need to get it done using our network of qualified tradesmen, from the concrete slab through to the structure, brick laying, walls, roof, electrical, gutters, internal walls, doors and windows. If you’re looking for something cheap, simple and quick, you could look at a pre fabricated carport or garage kit which are typically made from colour bond sheets with a metal frame. Home Renovations works closely with some major brands as an installer for their carport and garage kits, so we can show you the options available and order a kit for you and install it at your location if you wish to use this method
Converting your garage into a liveable room will, not only add value to your home but will also go a long way towards meeting the demands of modern day living. We live in an age where a study, media room, games room, rumpus room or teenage retreat are now standard inclusions in the floor plans of most new builds.
As Garage Conversion specialists in Melbourne we are able to help you make the most of your existing space. Home Renovations specialises in creating and constructing stunning single or double garage conversions all over Melbourne.
Full Home Renovations
Upgrade every aspect of your home! Demolishing and rebuilding a home is a long and exhausting process. You also end up without usable accommodation for months on end. It’s incredibly expensive!
Renovating the kitchen is the most popular type of major renovation in a home. It’s also the best way to increase a home’s value if it were to be put on the market.
We are highly dedicated to providing you with quality, affordable bathroom renovation services. Our quality work and excellent customer service have made us one of the most trusted names in the business.
Adding a room (or more than one) is also very popular. Often, families with two or more children and not enough bedrooms choose to add on so each child can have their own bedroom.
With a good design and a proper Garage Conversion, you can turn your Garage into the multi purpose room that it was built to be. A place to safely store all your past, present and future belongings, but gives you an organised space for all your home storage needs.
You can use the extra garage space as a kids play area when it’s raining or a rumpus room, for a gym area, party room, dance area, games room, office area, wood working area, yoga room or painting room.
Garage Conversion Melbourne Ideas
- Rumpus Room
- Granny Flat
- Office Area
- Guest House Area
Garage to room conversions
Garage conversions provide a great opportunity to create new, useable areas of the home to live and enjoy, or to store away extra belongings.It’s common for garages to be converted into multi-purpose spaces, whether it be a second living or lounge room, play room for kids, or a much-needed home office.
Considerations to take into account when converting your garage:
- Do you need council approval?
- If you plan on selling your house in the future, will you need to convert the garage back and at what cost?
- Ceiling height - the ceiling must be a minimum height which some existing garages fail to meet
- Adequate windows - natural light is important for most uses.
- Waterproofing - checks need to be carried out to ensure the concrete has the correct waterproofing to stop damp from rising up through the floor.
- Insulation - if you stand in the garage in the middle of winter it’s often a lot colder than the rest of the house as insulation is often a low priority in this room.
- Smoke alarms - if you are converting to a bedroom a smoke alarm can be a requirement. (We recommend fitting one regardless of what this room is being used for to protect your family.)
- Additional plumbing (if adding a bathroom or kitchen)
Frequently Asked Questions
A general conversion will be completed in 10 working days
We undertake the following:
- Submit building notice and deal with inspectors
- Cover drive and supply skip
- Remove existing door and frame
- Dig footing to the front of the garage and supply and fit 1 no 150 x 100mm pre stressed concrete lintel
- Construct cavity wall in selected regrades to damp proof course with all brick work above ground level on outer walls to match existing facing walls
- Supply and fit window to match existing
- Supply and fit window board
- Create opening from house to garage
- Supply and fit 1 no matching internal door to opening
- Supply and fit polythene radon/ damp proof barrier to walls and floor
- Supply and fit new insulated floor
- Supply and fit 1 no radiator
- Supply and fit 4 no double sockets
- Supply and fit 1 no ceiling rose and switch
- Batten and insulate all exterior walls
- Supply and fit plasterboard to all walls and ceiling where necessary
- Plaster all walls and ceiling where necessary
- Supply and fit skirting and architrave
- Make good all disturbed areas and clear away rubbish
- Jet wash drive
- Gain final building certificate
- Provide company 15 year guarantee
Yes every conversion will get a 15 years company guarantee on completion.
Garage to office space conversion
Garage to studio space conversion
Garage ceiling renovation
OUR renovations SERVICES Elite renovations Specialists
Breathe new life into your residence with Melbourne’s leading home renovation company. For more than 15 years', Home Renovations has been the industry leader in transforming thousands of homes into stunning abodes.
At Home Renovations, we pride ourselves on the professional quality and experience delivered on projects - big and small. We strive to accomplish the goal within your budget and time frame without compromising on the quality of our renovation and property maintenenace services, as your vision is our goal.
Whether it is a simple refresh of your bathroom, or a total remodel transformation, Home Renovations will assist and commit to you in every possible way to achieve the result that is tailored to your expectations and budget.
You can count on our unique bathroom designs that turn your vision into reality.
The kitchen is the heart of the home and it should be treated as such. Your kitchen is a place you should love to be in and a place for the whole family to come together, so why not make it true to your unique style?
Home Renovations provides Melbourne home owners with beautifully designed, user friendly kitchens. Created by some of the finest designers in the business, our kitchens are of the highest quality and produced right here in Melbourne.
We’re constantly amazed by how laundry design has been underestimated and undervalued in years gone by and we’re here to change that. Since 2005 our team has designed and built some of the best laundry renovations in Home Renovations. We have design solutions for any size, style and complexity.
Let our expert designers bring their design ideas to life to ensure you’ve got one of the best laundries in Melbourne. A well-designed space will make those laundry chores less boring!
Finding the right company for quality garage conversion services can get exasperating in Melbourne. Realising this need, we have come to assist you with our expert garage conversion services. Our specialised professionals understand the ins and outs of undertaking this task as a garage conversion is the easiest way to add more space to your home and increase its value.
You want your facade renovation to look amazing and add the maximum amount of value as possible for every renovation dollar you spend.
Home Renovations can help. Our cosmetic home renovation and makeover design experts J will craft a Renovation Design Plan that ensures you achieve the spectacular result you desire.
Home Renovations offer comprehensive tiling solutions for all indoor and outdoor tiling applications which require efficient professional installation. These include but are not limited to tiling repairs, pool tiling, strata tiling issues, defect rectification, bathrooms, grout renewals, epoxy grout & maintenance tiling for commercial and retail tenancy.
Get started with a quote
Fill out the form below or contact us via: email@example.com or 1800 22 1111
We will contact you to discuss your project and provide a quote.